Role of Communications Committee
Communications Committee's purpose is to oversee and manage communications between the leadership of the FPA of Silicon Valley including the Board of Directors and associated committees to our chapter members.
The committee will report to the FPASV Board. A chairperson and a vice-chair shall head the communications committee. The Chairperson will be a voting member of the FPA of Silicon Valley Board and their duties are:
1. Develop the plan of work for the committee after soliciting input from the members of the committee and the FPASV Board.
2. Attend all scheduled Board meetings and be responsible for reporting to the Board on committee actions.
3. Organize the committee to ensure resources are assigned to meet all assigned tasks.
4. Monitor ongoing committee actions to ensure they are being completed with respect to schedule, costs and requirements. Adjust or request additional resources as needed.
5. Engage the other members of the committee periodically to ensure they are meeting their responsibilities and have the resources they need to do so.
6. Work with other members of the FPASV Board and other committees to support the overall mission of the FPA of Silicon Valley.
The duties of the committee shall include:
1. Develop and submit to the FPASV Board a plan of work (POW). Once approved, the POW will become the basis for the committee’s responsibilities.
2. Creation of all content and communications to the chapter membership including email blasts, announcements, surveys, polls, etc.
3. Editorial control of the website content
4. Maintenance of the website to include
a. Define processes (including format, templates and timeline) for website updates/changes requested by each board committee chair.
b. Work with the respective Board committee chairs to implement their content.
c. Planning for future upgrades to the website
5. Put in place a committee succession plan